- Photocopies/Printouts ($0.10 per page for black & white, $0.25 per page for color)
- Faxing ($1.00 per page, but cover page is free)
- Rubber Ducks ($1.00 at EHFPL)
- State and Federal tax forms
- Computer access with the latest software
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free computer tutoring
- Museum and park passes
- Eversource Kill-a-Watt kit (at EHFPL)
- The latest books as well as classics
- Movies & TV shows
- Programs for all ages
Use your library card to access these amazing online resources.
Authors, Books, and Reading
- findIT CT – findIT CT is Connecticut’s statewide library catalog.
- MagillOnLiterature Plus – This database includes all the literary works, reviewed critical analyses and brief plot summaries that are included in MagillOnLiterature, as well as all the biographies and author essays included in MagillOnAuthors.
- LearningExpress Workforce Solutions – Find tests, tutorials, and ebooks.
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM – One of the most comprehensive business databases on the market, offering the latest business and financial information for researchers at all levels.
- ResearchITCT Business – Research many articles about the business world.
- Small Business Reference Center – Browse by category or by business guide.
- ResearchITCT – Provides all patrons access to newspapers, magazines, journals, and research databases on a variety of topics, such as Law, Business, Books & Authors, Health & Science, History, Biography, and Genealogy. It also has great research tools for students and helpful tools for job searching and resume building.
- 2-1-1 Community Resources – Search for programs and services by your zip code.
- Connecticut Physician Profiles – Search by name or license number.
- CT Consumer Health Information – Search for articles, books, media, and more through UConn Health Sciences Library
- Health Source Consumer Edition
- Medline Plus – Includes information about health topics, medical test, and a medical encyclopedia.
- PubMed – Includes miillions of citations from medical journals and online books.
- Science Reference Center
History, Biography, and Genealogy
- Biography Reference Bank – Search for biographies in reference journals, magazines, and more.
- Biography Reference Center – Search for biographies by genre.
- Connecticut State Library Ancestry.com – Explore your family history.
- Connecticut Digital Collections
- Connecticut History Illustrated
- Connecticut History.org – Check out what happened today in CT history.
- Genealogy – Two resources are available for remote access (outside of the library) with a valid CT public library card number
- History Reference Center
- Proquest Historical Newspapers
- Remembering World War I – Learn about CT in the Great War.
- Legal Information Reference Center – Browse legal questions by category
Magazines and Journals
- Academic Search Premier
- MasterFILE Premier
- Popular Magazines
- Professional Development Collection
- Referencia Latina
- Teacher Reference Center
Newspapers and Images
- ResearchIT Newsstream – Find articles from many popular local and national newspapers.
Resources for Students
Libby: Borrow ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more from your local library for free with your library card! Libby is the newer library reading app by OverDrive. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
The Palace Project: Enjoy thousands of free eBooks, audiobooks, and more from your local library through The Palace Project app! Download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store to access content for all ages for free just by using your library card.
Niche Academy has easy-to-follow tutorials about our library’s e-resources, basic computer skills, job help, and more. The link to the full Academy is on the Sidebar. Check out the slideshow below for a preview of all we have to offer: