Libraries Open! Curbside Services Remain Available Mon-Sat.
The Libraries are now open to the public. Masks are no longer required for entry. See below for our current hours.
Curbside service remains available, and is still the safest & fastest way to use the libraries. For more information on curbside services, see below or call us:
EHFPL: 860-873-8248 or Rathbun: 860-873-8210.
|Library Hours||EHFPL||Rathbun Library|
- Masks are no longer required (but are encouraged in the Childrens’ Departments).
- Please be courteous and respectful to your neighbors. Young children remain unvaccinated as do many individuals with certain medical issues, please consider masking up for their safety.
- Restrooms are recommended for “emergencies” only.
- The libraries have limited open space for meetings, study groups, and organized gatherings. Spaces are first come, first serve. Please be courteous and keep your meet-ups as brief & efficient as possible.
- Whenever possible, we recommend reserving your items in advance. For next day pick-up, please use our online catalog. For same day pick-up, please call the library. Please note, only items listed as “On Shelf” at EHFPL or Rathbun are available for same or next-day pick-up.
- Our computers, printers, fax machines, and copiers are available inside. If you need assistance or other special arrangements, please let us know. Computers are limited to 60-minute sessions.
- For curbside (or inside express) pick-up, please give us a call before you head over and we will have your items ready for you.
- Available Services
Copying, Printing, & Faxing: Are available inside the building. We can also make curbside arrangements upon request. Copies & print-outs are 10¢/page, faxes are $1/page
Computers: Computers are available inside the building for 60-minute sessions. First come, first serve. Computers are disinfected regularly, but please wipe down the mouse & keyboard before and after use.
Wireless Printing: The libraries offer wireless printing for tablets and smartphones via an app. Download the app, print your files from the parking lot, and a staff member will place them on the pick-up table. For more info about the app, please call EHFPL or Rathbun Library.
Programs: Programs have returned to being mostly in-person. For a complete list of programs for adults, teens, and kids please visit the calendar on our homepage.
Quick Service/Curbside Pick-Up: Visit our online catalog and select the books, movies, or materials you’d like to pick-up. The catalog has features for browsing and searching. If the materials you selected are on the shelf at EHFPL or Rathbun, they will be available in 24hrs, if they’re coming from another LION library it may take a week or more. You will receive an email or a phone call to let you know that your item is ready for pick-up. More details are listed below.
- For same-day pick-up please call the library during our operating hours to request your items: EHFPL – (860) 873-8248 | Rathbun – (860) 873-8210. You can see what’s available using our online catalog.
- For next-day pick-up please use the library’s online catalog. Holds are pulled every morning at 9:00am, any hold placed after 9:00am must be picked up the following day.
- Please call the library before heading over (or from the parking lot) and we will have your order ready for you.
- The pick-up locations are located inside the Elevator Entrance at Rathbun or the Rear Entrance at EHFPL. Simply grab & go.
- If you cannot make the trip to the library because of health and safety limitations, please call us and we will deliver the items to you by the end of the week.
- If you have health or mobility issues, we can bring your requested items in your car. Please call the library to make arrangements before arriving.
- Deliveries between LION libraries occasionally experience slowdowns. Please be patient.
Thank you all so much for your support. Stay safe, and please let us know if there’s any way we can be of service.
If you have any questions, please contact The Director at Director@easthaddamlibrarysystem.org
Note: This post was originally posted on September 21st, 2020 and is updated periodically as needed.
Last updated: March 18, 2022